Thursday, February 2, 2012

Communication...or the lack thereof

We are in a age of exploding advancements and improvements in the world of communications. The handwritten missive or telegraph is almost a thing of the past. When I was a part of the "regular" workforce it seemed the preeminent reason for either the success or failure of a task. I remember the boss saying "See guys, when we communicate and work together we can accomplish anything!" Or; "You dumb asses didn't communicate and look what happened!" Which brings me to my point. Now we have lightning fast texting, video conferencing and e-mail. Yet; I sit and wait for a response to my calls and e-mails. Somewhere in all this advancement, Heloise wasn't brought aboard and etiquette got lost. I try to set an example by responding to all my communications as rapidly as feasible. One other thing, as far as etiquette goes. Rarely do I get the call, text or e-mail which says I have received your message and will get back to you as soon as I have the time or an answer. If you're tied up or it's going to take a while to get back to someone, let them know. I actually have people I've tried to get a hold of for months! I'm not going to even begin to get into the etiquette of how to properly use your communication device in public. Apparently Heloise wasn't invited to that meeting either. I think a lot of my dear readers get my point. None of this stuff is rocket science-it just requires some common sense on everyone's part. Unfortunately, I can't change how people behave with my blog. Hopefully a seed can sprout here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment