Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

First, I am grateful to be sitting in my warm 5th wheel. Especially since temps are in the low 40's and it has drizzled all day. I use holidays as milestone/memory markers as it is easier on my addled brain. Thanksgiving is not especially remarkable this year; but, as always, it reminds me to be grateful. This year I am both grateful and concerned. I am grateful to live in a great country, to be able to put food on the table and to have steady work. I am also grateful for a loving family, my fiancĂ© and my furry companions; along with all my friends and acquaintances. I don't want to muddle the holiday up with politics. However, I am concerned with the direction this country has taken. It is problematic to me when the government shoves a program on its citizens and then threatens them with monetary penalties if they fail to comply. It is also troublesome when we have a polarized Congress, immersed in partisan politics and obstructionism. Far worse is the knowledge that we have an electorate that continues to put these folks in office. I do remain hopeful, given that our country has lived through much worse. Here's hoping you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and that better times are ahead.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment