Friday, May 15, 2015

Resigned to our Fate

I grew up believing the ethos that the man should be both the provider and protector of the home. When you fulltime in an RV there isn't much you can do when you get hit by a violent storm; especially when you work out of it in the middle of nowhere. On the surface I try to remain cool, calm and collected. The problem is that it has happened before and I know, no matter how I rack my brain, there is nowhere for us to go or hide. I guess we have been fortunate that, in the years that we have done oil field security work, we have never suffered any major damage. This year has me frazzled, as we are coming out of a major drought with a vengeance. This is the first time we have had our possessions tossed about by the wind and the mud and flooding is as bad or worse than ever. Hopefully, someone will eventually figure out how to incorporate a "safe room" in an RV. In the meantime; I will remain stoic and pray that nothing catastrophic will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment