Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Offshoot of a previous Rant

With a title like that my dear readers know to expect just about anything, One of my favorite topics that I write about with distaste is the deterioration of America in all of its forms. And, boy does it manifest itself in so many different ways. Do you ever wonder how we got here? I really feel for my parents generation and those who came before them. Especially since it has affected me so much.Yes I know!!! I digress again. It's just that I came from the generation that saw us ease over the precipice in the 60's. Yikes, what a slippery slope. Anyway the Garth Brooks lawsuit is on my mind today. In case you haven't kept up; he sued the Integris health system for reneging on a handshake deal he made with the CEO. You have to understand he is a "good old boy" and relied on verbal/handshake agreements all his life. He prevailed and hopefully some of you saw that the jurors awarded a maximum punitive amount to send a message of hope to those who don't have the means to pursue such a case. Whoever said "Money is the root of all evil" was very prescient. It definitely is the WD40 of politics. And, in the case of the judicial system, it has permeated and twisted the meaning of justice. If you think funerals are expensive, just try taking somebody to court. Hopefully the majority of us won't have to defend ourselves anytime soon. On the flip side, if you have the money, you can just about get away with murder.

No comments:

Post a Comment